Shape Memory Alloys are magical metals with two special attributes:
1. They are super elastic, behaving like everlasting rubber bands;
2. They memorize a set shape and return to it when electricity or heat activates them.
Kinalco is bringing to market a novel and patented shape memory alloy made largely from Copper. The unique oligocrystalline structure looks like bamboo, which gives our product its name: Bamboo Alloy™.
- Strain amplitudes: ~10%
- Ultra high dampening
- Excellent fatigue life
- Excellent conductivity
- Excellent thermal actuation and indirect
- Electrical actuation
- Can be soldered and welded
- Suitable for orthodontics and dentistry
- Much cheaper than NiTi
Kinalco's technology will enable countless new SMA applications in industries such as: Fabrics, clothing, orthopedics, orthodontics, cables, connectors, sports equipment, device & industrial actuators, military equipment, medical appliances, ...